moon connection

Sunday, September 17, 2006

football updates

( Believe it or not, I have about 10 faithful readers who request to receive my little updates from Husband's football team. I started doing this 4 years ago when a friend became too sick to attend the games, but wanted a recap- and my list has grown. I always think of him when the fall season starts, how much he enjoyed being able to read this. {He passed away 3 yrs ago.}Anyway- on with the news)


Good Saturday morning

Let's recap from last week- a resounding loss to Tj in the form of a final score 41-14. TJ played Elizabeth Forward this Thursday and at HALF time{TJ}was winning 41- nothing. Not so bad of us, now is it?

On to this Homecoming game.

Weather finally cooperated and stopped raining. Mild weather, not too cold, not too warm.

West Allegheny versus Montour. Coach had good feelings going into the game, with the plan to keep the running game strong to control the clock and minimize passing problems. ( ie INTERCEPTIONS)

Although, for the last touchdown of the game, our Quarterback completed a 70+ yd pass!

The strategy worked with the first W of the season, and a final score of 17-7.

Onto soccer games for the weekend. mild weather continues.....

Next week we play on Thursday night against Ambridge. It will be televised on the local FOX Sport News Network. We will be in attendance at home....


till then, I remain,
yours in yardage,
Moon Connection

10 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Tramp said…

    Yay! Football! Yah!

    I was on the island today so I had to watch football on a tiny little Razr screen.

    But tiny little football beats no football!

    41-14????? No comment there. Wait, I got one. Presenting the future Browns!

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Island Football?
    I was having a great visit with WIFE whilst you were holding something in your hand that gave you enjoyment.....only thing missing was that fine BELGIUUM BEER.

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Tramp said…

    You were here? Why wasn't I notified? Heads will roll I tell you!

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    something about the jetski and water....

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Tramp said…

    Don't make excuses! I will get to the bottom of this!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Tramp said…

    Don't make excuses! I will get to the bottom of this!

     
  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    there is that darn echo again

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Tramp said…

    That was the dog that time. I went to get a drink and she was typing something about an order from the butcher.

    She's been like that ever since she found out about online meat sales.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    don't share that with my dog, okay?
    Sammy is well fed enough without ordering his own cut of meat from the internet. Why do we allow our beloved pets to treat us this way?

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Tramp said…

    That's not what your dog says. Sammy phones me every day when you leave. I was impressed at first, but Sammy just makes small talk with me for a few minutes before asking for Sophie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home